[Gpdd] [Health] <re: approved food>

petunia_loo at yahoo.com petunia_loo at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 17 16:19:10 EST 2004

Hi Nancy,
As a treat, a little itty bit of banana won't hurt.
Not too much though, because sugary foods cause excess
gas as the sugar ferments in their gut, which in a
piggie can be harmful (if there is a lot). It also
contributes to obesity because of the extra calories.
Not that a little bit of a treat here and there should
be harmful. My piggies like apples and carrots
occasionally. They've never gone for bananas though.
Too flavorful for their taste! They like bland old
lettuce.
~Lauren, Pooh Bear and Peegirl

=====
EACH YEAR in the United States, MILLIONS of healthy companion animals are euthanized simply because they can not find homes.
Adopt a homeless pet.
Become a foster home.
Have your cats and dogs spayed and neutered.

Join the Guinea Pig Rescue Transport Group!