[Gpdd] [Health] Boy did Brownie scare me!

Britt and Brownie Lindahl Crazy4Cavy at buckeye-express.com
Wed Nov 17 18:33:50 EST 2004

Hey All,

Trying to be good about keeping up with the digests and all.  I do have to
say if it weren't for Leah, I think the digest would be pretty quiet for the
most part!  Cheers to Leah!

Anyhow.. On to my scare this morning.  I was getting ready for work and as
usual sat down by Brownie's cage to talk with him.  I think he sleeps our
hours because when I turn on the light downstairs, he's crawling out of his
cozy and immediately goes to get something to drink.  Just as usual, he goes
to the water bottle and gets something to drink.  Then it's just like he was
gagging or something... He had these HUGE hiccup things.  I got sooooo
scared that something was going to happen to him.  I put my hand on his back
and after a few minutes he calmed down and the "hiccups" stopped.  I took
his water bottle out for a few minutes until I knew that he had his bearings
back.  Has this happened to anyone before?

Also, are any of your pigs NOT lap pigs?  Brownie is getting more and more
skittish and it takes a long time for me to be able to pick him up.  He
never has really liked to be held, but he's REALLY not wanting to be held.
He runs around his cage like a happy pig, but doesn't want to get out of
there.  Just want to know if this is a "normal" thing because my other boys,
Jo-Jo and Oreo were lovey lap pigs..

I better get upstairs and get my workout clothes on.  Gotta work out and
still be able to catch Days of Our Lives on SoapNet.  I *LOVE* that channel!
Talk to you guys later!

Piggie Hugs and Kisses,
Britt & Brownie "Pumpkin Pig"

Remembering at the Rainbow Bridge:
Oreo (4/26/00 - 9/15/02), Jo-Jo (1/24/99 - 5/17/00) and Rumble (1/24/99 -
12/31/00)..
My "Angel Piggies"

"A friend is someone who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in
yourself."