[Gpdd] Re:[Health] HICCUPS: Boy did Brownie scare me!

Tex texg at cavyinfo.com
Wed Nov 17 22:38:33 EST 2004

Britt,

Sounds like Brownie had hiccups. Guinea pig hiccups resemble heart failure
or respiratory distress; a few minutes later the piggie is fine and looking
at you like *you* had the problem.

Our Rosebud used to get them if she got a drop of water on her nose
unexpectedly, or was given a treat that she may not have had before.

The first time one of our piggies had hiccups, I was ready for a sedative
afterwards. And, since you can't really tell if it's a real problem or not
(at least for a minute, until the hiccups stop), *any* time a piggie gets
hiccups you're ready for a sedative afterwards.

Just another way our piggies like to drive us crazy ;-)

Tex