[Gpdd] Re:Announcement: Please accept my apologies

Off1Knight at aol.com Off1Knight at aol.com
Fri Nov 19 06:55:39 EST 2004

To all those who have lost one of our very beloved little guys or girls I
must apologize. I have been away for a while and recently suffered a personal
loss which has precluded my reading and keeping up with the guinea pig digests.
In trying to review all the missed GPDD, I found several of our little guys
crossed the bridge. In an effort to remember them I would offer my most sincere
condolences on the losses of BIG RED, REMIE, PIG and BUTTERSCOTCH. In reading
of these wonderful gifts of God to each of their mommies and daddies, what
comes to mind is that regardless of the time they are permitted to share with us
is 8 years or 8 weeks, the hole each of them leave in our hearts is identical.
I know many who loose a little guy say "if only he/she would have lived to be
5" or "to be six" and even "to seven", it TRULY makes NO DIFFERENCE because
even one more day is at times what we pray for because loosing them is loosing a
part of US. I KNOW that as we read of the passing of BIG RED, there wasn't
ONE reader that didn't say "please let our guy live that long" But even as I
type that I know it is no less consoling to Kathy for loosing him at the record
setting age of 8, it was not near enough time to say "I love you and please
don't go" I said it for our boy, GEORGE at a little more than 5 years. But when
the time comes for these beloved little guys to cross, nothing in heaven or on
earth can stop it. All we can do is cry an ocean of tears and look for a way
to somehow stop that hole in our hearts from consuming all of it. So in my
condolences I can only offer this, please know that the wonderful outpouring of
your concern and sympathy for the loss of our GEORGE, HE will forever remain at
the gate to the Rainbow Bridge to offer his help to all those who cross it so
they will never be alone and know that you will be there one day to share
forever with your little guys. If I have missed any of our little guys that have
crossed I respectfully ask for the understanding or their mommie and daddy for
my not mentioning them. But please know they never passed our boy without
being recognized and welcomed. Once again I am sorry for the losses you have
suffered and pray that your hearts heal even a little bit in the love they have
shown while they shared your life.

Sincerely,

Joseph Petrillo, GEORGE the guinea pigs daddy forever