[Gpdd] [CARE]: Bedding

Marielle Smith marielle at markinekt.com
Fri Nov 19 13:24:36 EST 2004

To everyone and especially Melissa and Lemi,

I have been meaning to post about this for a while now.  I switched to
Woody Pet several months ago, and was so happy, because it worked so
well at keeping things dry, despite it being heavier than Care Fresh.
It was so much less expensive, too.

Unfortunately, Widget, our little long-haired boy, developed a
respiratory problem, and as soon as we stopped the Woody Pet, it went
away.  Now, we have 3 other piggies who did perfectly fine with it.  I
was surprised that it took 3 months for Widget to react, but the vet
said that's normal for allergies, that it takes a while for it to build
up.

We then decided to start from scratch and to try every bedding type we
could get our hands on.  After a few weeks of switching from one type to
another, we ended up back at Carefresh.  Even though it's expensive, it
seems the best for the money, aside from Woody Pet.

Best,
Marielle, Windex, Widget, Schocki, Trudy, Mister Big and Russell the
slave