[Gpdd] {MISC.} Introducing myself

Christina Atencio christinamatencio at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 20 23:17:55 EST 2004

Hello Fellow Piggie Persons,

My name is Tina and I have been reading the digest but this is my first
post. I adopted my Petey Pig for myself and my son. He loves his piggie so
much. We adopted him from a rescue here in Colorado called Cavy Care Inc.
What a wonderful shelter/rescue this is. They screen their people well and
so kind and very knowledgeable. They even have a follow up program on their
website and you can email the lady and she will answer your questions very
promptly. They told me education is the key to a happy, healthy pet.

I have found a good exotics vet and had a checkup done on him and the vet
said he was in good shape. He is white and cream, I was told he is about a
year old so we have lots of fun time with him. I have learned the foods to
feed him and some of the general health questions. I had no idea that there
were so many piggies that need homes in the U.S.

I am trying to find different cage ideas so he has more room to run and
play. He jumps up and down in hid cage and hits his head at times. He hears
us open the fridge, and he starts jumping around. The other night, my son
and I were home alone in bed sleeping. I was rudely and scared awakened by
odd noises in the livingroom. I took a big stick with my to go investigate
the issue and I turned on the light and guess what? It was Petey remodeling
his cage. He moved his food bowl to where he wanted it and turned his
Pigaloo upside down to play in it and sleep. I went back to bed feeling real
stupid.

I see alot of post of happy piggie, lost piggies and ill piggies. I wish to
best to all of your furry friends that they recover from illness and they
stay happy. I so sorry to hear of the losses though. It's nice to meet all
of you, is this a big group of people? I just wondered. That's for listening
and I hope I followed the writing protocal properly.

Thankyou,
Tina, Dorryien (my son) and our spoiled Petey Pig

Stop and smell the roses but check for bee's first.