[Gpdd] Care: Pig-Pig's not eating and cage ideas for Christina

Jennifer Langer fairydancer at loveable.com
Sun Nov 21 17:39:33 EST 2004

Ann, I had a suggestion for Pig-Pig's loss of appetite. My departed Georgie hated the pumpkin mix also. I used to get more on me than in him! One mix that did seem to eventually grow on him was: mashed up alfalfa pellets mixed with gatoraide (or pedialyte) and vegetable baby food. It seemed to help him keep up his strength a couple times when he was very sick, until he was willing to eat more on his own.

Christina, as for finding your piggie a larger cage for him to redecorate try going to: http://www.cavycages.com/
They have some incredible ideas for making your own cage. You can really custimize it to your guinea pig. I am building one right now. It's lots of fun!

I hope these ideas help!
Jennifer and Adam Langer

"To find a beautiful thing, look with an open mind and heart."