[Gpdd] [CARE] Re: Guinea Pig not accepting new piggie

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 22 13:41:23 EST 2004

Hello

There are no guarantees that the pigs will ever get
along together. A big no no is to put the new pig into
the cage with your older pig. She will see the new one
as a threat on her territory.
Always introduce them outside the cage in neutral
territory. Let them eat together out of different
bowls outside the cage twice a day. It may be a long
process that will take lots of patience.
My first pig took two years of eating twice a day with
the new pig before she would live in the same cage
with her. Tasha was very fiesty though. It may just
take a few weeks or a couple of months.
I have 6 females and they have to be caged in 4 cages.
Some piggy personalities clash strongly! Some of mine
would fight to the death if left together. Good luck!

Dawnda

=====
http://embark.to/guineapighaven