[Gpdd] Health - Bud scratching

Georgina.Wien at wintershall.com Georgina.Wien at wintershall.com
Mon Nov 22 07:02:06 EST 2004

Dear Carla,
I don´t think it is normal that Bud continuously scratches. Maybe he has
some underlying problem, so the parasites can take over again and again, as
they are all in the surroundings like hay.
On the other hand possibly he has a skin problem, that isn´t affected by
ivermectin. For instance a fungal or yeast infection or a specific type of
mites. They are called fur mites here in Germany. You can see very small
black spots in his fur, if that´s the problem. Fur mites are reduced by
ivermectin but not totally killed off. For this we use Frontline spray. You
might want to go back to the vet and have other options checked out.
Hope this is of some help.
Kind regards
Georgina