[Gpdd] HEALTH: hooting noise

Jenni jenni at beethoven.com
Tue Nov 23 12:58:02 EST 2004

Hi!  Must be running off to work, but I wanted to write to you about the
funny noise.  I do not know if your piggy is making the same type of noise,
but I will describe my piggy, Wolfi's, odd noise so you can compare...
Wolfi started suddenly making a fairly fast "hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo" noise, sounded
just like an owl!  I of course freaked out...but then remembered a similiar
incident long ago with Beethoven.  He "hoo-hoo's" then hacks, like he's
bringing up a fur ball (or a hocker, eeewww!) then he no longer hoots and
sounds normal.  So I give Wolfi a small amount of hair ball jelly (like for
kittens), he LOVES it, eats it straight out of the tube (or if you need to,
cut off the tip of a 1cc syringe, and pull it up and start feeding it that
way, it's kinda thick and sticky but it works), and he seems to get right
over it, hacks, then all better.  I think hay fuzzies or hair or whatever
just gets stuck in his throat, like a "frog".  It only happens occasionally
now.  Hope this helps...and any other ideas I would welcome also if anyone
else has experienced this!
                Warm wheeks always, Jenni & Charley & Wolfi
p.s. Have been away from GPDD lately due to sad family circumstances, but I
miss you guys and am looking forward to catching up on my reading!