[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Vet problem in remote areas

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 24 10:08:01 EST 2004

Hello

I have shared in your frustrations about a good exotic
vet. I live in a rural town and the vets here know
farm animals, cats, and dogs.
I have finally found a good exotic vet but he is an
hour and a half away. Before I found Dr. Patton, I
used Peter Gurney's books and website. I have done a
lot of research on the Internet too. I keep everything
I find in a folder and I save it onto my computer. I
would recommend Peter Gurney's, "Piggy Potions" to
anyone that cannot find a good vet. I again couldn't
find the oils and different herbal remedies in my
rural town, but you can buy it all on line.
I do have the lab values and safe drugs posted on my
website. You can copy and print them out. It took one
vet 3 weeks here to find the lab values for guinea
pigs after he had taken a blood sample from my pig. My
exotic vet run the lab values off for me in case I
have an emergency and can't make the trip to him. I
can't tell you how happy I am to have found a good vet
after years of searching. I found him on
vetfinder.com. In fact, I think I will send one of
those big cans of cookies out of a Figi's magazine up
to his office for Christmas to show my appreciation. I
even got a Thanksgiving card yesterday from the vets
office thanking me for letting them take care of my
animals. I love them at Animal Care Associates!
My heart goes out to all that have horrible vets
around their area that kills guinea pigs and rabbits
because of their ignorance.

Dawnda

=====
http://embark.to/guineapighaven