[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Gizmo and Others

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Thu Nov 25 14:25:00 EST 2004

Dear Stacy,
    I'm so sorry that the end had to come so quickly for Gizmo, but thankful
that you were able to spend his departure for the Bridge time with him. And
I'm pleased (delighted) that he was able to have all of his favorite yummy --
generally no-no -- treats in the end. It's regrettable that your husband
couldn't have been with you. How many of us stop to think of the very touching and
specific events that those of you in the armed forces must miss, in addition to
just "regular life" here? Than you for being part of that great Force.
    In a very real way, we all share in your loss, and in the loss of the
others piggies who have recently popcorned over the Bridge.

    I'm sorry that I was unable to write to some of you recently as your
piggies made that crossing.

    May I quote from John Donne:

> No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the
> continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the
> less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or
> of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in
> mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls
> for thee

I think it is this way among all of us, guinea pigs and people of the GPDD.

Deepest sympathy to all who have lost their little friends,
Alge