[Gpdd] Misc: Health Hair Loss

Candace Long happyclong at cox.net
Mon Nov 29 12:50:30 EST 2004

Yes, there can be mischief going on while you are not around.  I came down to my piggies the other
day and noticed that Patches and Dizzy's noses had a bite marks, like a little flap had been bit and
layed back down on the nose.  I figured out that it was Spirit.  Dizzy and Spirit have been together
for about a year, and Patches is one of Spirit's babies.  So I had to build another cage and
separated the two babies and Dizzy.  Then put a bit of hydrogen peroxide on the wounds.  Today
everyone seems really happy and the wounds are healing really fast.  It ends up that the three boys
are really happy together and Spirit (daddy pig) is happier alone.  I didn't think he would be happy
alone (as they are such social animals) but he comes out of his house much more now and running
around and just seems altogether happier/perky (thank goodness).  Their cages are right next to each
other, and I have noticed that Furby (one of his babies) goes to the side near him and Spirit gets
close and they will wheeeeeeeek a bit with each other (just kind of like they are chatting) and go
on their own way.  Also, I have heard that sometimes a cage mate will give the other a hair cut.  It
could be either.  Hoping the best for you and your Bailey and Butterscotch.
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek's- - - -
Candace slave to Spirit, Dizzy, Patches, Furby, Snowball, Poppie, Gizmo, Rosebud and Wooley
Message: 12