[Gpdd] Care: Mites

Karenluntw at aol.com Karenluntw at aol.com
Mon Nov 29 14:00:15 EST 2004

Dear Jamie, Butterscotch and Bailey,

I always kept my cage extremely clean, and recently learned that my Rajah
had mites, and passed them along to Rex and Rocket.  The vet told me that  the
mites can be microscopic and can only be diagnosed by a skin  scrapping.  I am
sorry to say, your best bet is a trip to the vet.   Better safe than sorry.
If you do think that the piggies are biting each  other, just try bathing them
to see if that helps with the scabs and skin  condition in general. They sell
guinea pig shampoos at both Petsmart and  Petco.  Good luck.

Karen slave to Rex, Rajah and Rocket