[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR....New baby introduced to piggie already have

Lisa H all_strst_out_plenty_2choke at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 29 14:36:56 EST 2004

Hello,
I missed out on the quaritine thing for new piggies being brought into the home.  I introduced Bam-Bam and Marew right away.  I did check Marew for mites, lice and such before doing this.  Marew is 5 1/2 weeks old and Bam-Bam is around 2 (not real sure since he was rescued).  Bam-Bam was wanting to mount little Marew from the very start and it concerned me, so I asked my mentor about it.  Her suggestion was to separated them, so I did.  Now, all Bam-Bam does is jabber and he won't shut up.  I give them lap time together and also floor playtime together and they do fine, they just can't be put in the same house together.  They are in the same room and can see each other from their cages.  I just don't know about all this jabbering and wheeeeeking that Bam-Bam is doing.  He is always antsy now and very rarely sits and chills out.  Of course Marew, being still a baby, he sleeps alot and doesn't wheeeek and jabber as much, but Bam-
Bam knows that he is there.  How can I stop the constant jabbering?  They are both males and I thought they would get along good enough for them to be housed together, but it didn't work.  Will it be different when Marew gets older??  When he can hold his own, persay?  I am so new to having a baby, I am lost on some of the things to expect and what to do.  Any advise???
Lisa