[Gpdd] CARE - vitamin C

ROYCE LARSON COTTON_COWBOYS at msn.com
Mon Nov 29 15:11:52 EST 2004

     In spite of giving Bud a well rounded diet, I, too, worry about making sure he has enough vitamin C. I tried the drops in the water and he cut back on water consumption. I tried the Oxbow vitamin C tablets recommended by my vet. She said her guinea pigs loved them. Bud wouldn't touch them. Now every morning I crush one tablet and roll his veggies in the powder (carrots, green pepper, red pepper, any veggie that's a little damp naturally). I use a kebob skewer hung from the side of his cage to serve the veggies and he eats it all! I thought after he got used to the taste of the powder on his veggies he might eat a tablet plain. No way - so I spend more time getting his meal ready by far than I do mine or my husbands.  :)

Carla and spoiled little Bud