[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] New member and 3 lively piggies

Jon Jonathan.M.Benson at colorado.edu
Tue Nov 30 15:48:35 EST 2004

Just wanted to say hello. My name is Jamie. I go to college at the
University of Colorado-Boulder. I got two guinea pigs, both about 7
weeks old, from my mom at Christmas. They are both Abyssinians; Clarence
(Gus) Augustus is red with a few white tipped hairs on his forehead, and
his much smaller brother is Maximillian (Max), a black and red brindled
piggy. They gre up together for the first month or so, but around the
time they moved to my place they hit a turning point and started
fighting a lot. Gus is a lot bigger than Max, but I don't think Max
believes he is as small as he really is. Anyway, they got separate
quarters about two weeks ago. And yesterday I was surfing the 'Net and
found a cute shorthaired tri-color piggy named Sonja who needed adopting
from a shelter in Denver, near a meeting I was headed to anyway. I
stopped in with an empty cage and picked her up on the way to my
meeting. She is about 8 months old, very well muscled compared to my
other piggies, and a lot bolder. The vet at the shelter was "pretty
sure" she is not pregnant, but there is some chance she is.  I am
watching her closely for a while just in case.  When I get ahold of a
digital camera I'll upload some pictures of the three of them.