[Gpdd] CARE: piggy toes and food (hay)

rmalsberg at comcast.net rmalsberg at comcast.net
Sun Oct 3 12:15:49 EDT 2004

Hi everyone and everypig:

Sundae has no nails and only nubs of toes on her left rear paw.  She arrived like this about 5 years ago, and never seemed bothered by the fact.

A long time ago on the digest, someone wrote to say that apparently one of her piggies (I think caged alone) had bitten her toe off!  She bled a little, but afterwards healed and didn't seem impaired.  Anyone else remember this posting?

Regarding timothy hay, anyone in Chicago NW burbs can check out Animal Feeds 'n' Needs (which is referred to in our house as the Guinea Pig Weed 'n' Feed) on Golf Road between Arlington Heights Road and Wilke Road (they have a website).  They sell locally grown timothy in small, easily manageable quantities (for those of us apartment dwellers with limited storage space) at a reasonable price.  They also have bulk Purina gp chow.  (with Vitamin C added)

Wheeks,

Rayna, Sundae and Tosca