[Gpdd] [Health] Carrots

Lisa B cavylover74 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 3 16:31:30 EDT 2004

Hi,
Carrots contain a high amount of vitamin A;  too much vitamin A may cause liver disease.  Carrots also have a high sugar content.
Carrots should only be fed a couple of times a week.

Some people have fed their pigs carrots everyday for years with no side effects.  But I have recently read that some pigs die earlier if fed carrots daily.  I'm not saying your pig will, I just wanted you to have the info.
I am not taking that chance with my pigs so their carrots are limited.

Also giving your dog a carrot everyday won't hurt him, no known side effects.

Lisa

Kelly <wheekers at comcast.net> wrote:
I've always given my piggies carrots everyday and they have never had a problem. Why would it cause liver problems? (because of the Vit A??) I've never heard that before. Each of mine get 1 a day and I give my dog one as well.
Also I saw a post about toes and I had a piggy with an extra toe on the back foot (kinda like a dewclaw on a dog).