[Gpdd] CARE 1. Sprouting seeds 2. Excretion

JOHN CHRISTIAN suzjo at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 4 06:24:24 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am new to the digest and guineas,  but I have been having a good read for the past month!

1. Sprouting Seeds
Has anyone tried sprouting seeds for their guineas? Being full of nutrients, they seem such a good idea. I haven't tried any food with my two girlies, Nellie & Doris that I haven't seen recommended on at least a few guinea websites, so I just wondered if any of you had given them a try?

2. Excretion
Nellie & Doris poo and pee like it is an Olympic event! They seem to be a little bit less likely to go if they have just had a snooze, but I think that I am going to have to buy a washer dryer! I would very much like them to have free range time, but I need to solve the pee problem (poops are generally ok to clean). If I put a double layer of towels on my lap, the pee manages to go through this! Please can anyone let me know if they have/had a similar problem and any handy hints - I don't watch over them like a hawk - I want them to explore their 'safe' area and relax. (They are both about two, but I have had them for just over a month).

Thanks,
Suzanne & John and the two girlies (Nellie & Doris)