[Gpdd] Re: Health (Monotonous Diet)

Chris Boortz chris.boortz at cox.net
Mon Oct 11 15:52:39 EDT 2004

For what it's worth, here's what my two girls get in their salad each
evening:
1. cilantro or parsley
2. a small slice of orange
3. a bit of pear, melon, or a grape
4. a few pieces of red bell pepper
5. one baby carrot every other day or so
6. an occasional slice of cucumber
7. a handful of "bag" salad - like the Spring Mix salads in a bag
8. Some kale, romaine, red leaf lettuce, or red chard

Although the bagged salads are kind of pricey (I try to find them on
sale), I like the fact that they provide a very nice combination of
greens and that they are super easy to feed - just reach in the bag and
pull it out! I avoid the mixes that have cabbage or plain iceberg
lettuce.

I have recently cut back on carrots due to the concerns that have been
raised in this forum.

My pigs also get a small handful of "pet grass" each morning. I don't
know the actual name for it - it's sold at Home Depot as simply Pet
Grass. It is supposedly good for all animals, and I know my girls love
it. It grows very long, and I kind of wrap it up into a ball and put it
into one of those wire hanging veggie baskets. They go nuts trying to
get it out of there as fast as possible!

Chris, Paisley, & Claire