[Gpdd] Re: Health (Monotonous Diet)

Chris Boortz chris.boortz at cox.net
Tue Oct 12 00:36:42 EDT 2004

I make no claims to expertise here, but I will tell you that my 2 girls
get just 1 slice (about 1/2 inch thick) when I give it to them. My
logic is that unlike other foods that  are more beneficial to them (ie:
higher in vitamin C), cucumbers seem pretty empty of nutritional value.
So they get a bit just for the sake of variety, and then I try to
provide other more "valuable" foods. On the other hand, I haven't read
or heard that there is anything about cucumbers that could cause
concern, unless maybe the water content is high & could possibly cause
diarrhea?

I'm always questioning myself about what to feed them & how much. (Same
for my rabbits, Marley & Martin) I just try to balance what I've read
with some common sense, I guess!

On another topic, how do your pigs get along with your rabbit?

Chris