[Gpdd] Health: Ear Infection

nicola atton nic_a_99 at msn.com
Wed Oct 13 15:59:38 EDT 2004

Hi, I've not posted for rather a long while, but one oof my guinea pigs,
Ruby, has an ear infection. I took her to the vets on Saturday and he
prescribed her some antibiotics. When I took her she was still acting pretty
normal apart from her head being wonkey. But her appetite has gradually gone
down. I think today she might be picking up again and her head is a lot
straighter than it was. But she's still hardly eating anything. I've been
syringe feeding her water even though she seems to be drinking ok, just to
make sure that she is drinking plenty. I was just wondering if any of you
has some wonderful trick to try and get to eat properly again. She seems
fine in herself apart from sleeping a lot more then usual and she is still
very inquisitive so I think it is just the antibiotics making her feel a bit
queasy.

Thanks for any help you can give me, Nicola

P.S. I know a lot of people reccomend feeding pumpkin pie filling but we
brits don't eat pumpkin pie so nowhere sells it.