[Gpdd] (Health) Re:Mr Cooders' mouth sore

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 15 16:19:01 EDT 2004

Alge,
  My little Max pig gets rough spots on his mouth,
especially if I feed him apples. They eventually scab
up and become swollen and sore if I don't catch them
in time. I use Peter Gurney's trick of putting Gentian
Violet on the spot. Unfortunately, you have to pick
the scabbing off and reaaply every day for a couple of
days until it's healed, which can be quite a hassle if
you don't have anyone around to assist in this
procedure. Also, this stuff is bright PURPLE and will
stain everything, so you must be very careful not to
spill it. It does work, though.
I can relate to poor Max and Mr. Cooders. I get
something like fever blisters on my lip if I get the
slightest bit of an upset stomach or am stressed out.
I'd probably use the Gentian Violet myself if it
didn't leave purple spots! (But that could be a good
excuse to skip work-"I can't come in today, I have
these strange purple spots on my mouth...")

Hope this helps,
Stacy and the Squee Squad