[Gpdd] [HEALTH] <RE: piggie with tumor>

petunia_loo at yahoo.com petunia_loo at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 17 13:33:15 EDT 2004

Hi Tiffany,

I am sorry to hear the news about your G.P. Malignant
cancer is a hard thing for anyone to deal with. As far
as whether or not to go ahead with the surgery, I
think that is something only you could really decide
with your vet. Since it is malignant, even with the
surgery, that means the cancer will or has already
spread. Your vet would know best how long she would
have to live with the surgery vs. without the surgery,
the risks of the surgery itself, and most importantly
the quality of life she would have with either option.
I imagine it will not be an easy decision at all.
Ultimately you as her mama will be the one best able
to make this difficult decision. I know you will do
your best to let G.P live out the rest of her life in
relative comfort. I send you warm hugs and piggie
kisses.
~Lauren, Piglet and Pooh

Hey everyone!
I am usually just a lurker. I have received the digest
for the last 3
yrs. or so. We have 4 piggers and I will list them
in the order we got them. G.P.(how original!)(aka
Stinker, Jeepers),
she's the one I have a question about. Then we
got Little One(she was smaller than G.P), then came
Snooco(combination
of snoopy and chocolate). And last but
not least, Cuddles. The least of which who doesn't
like to cuddle. She
definitely does not live up to her name. Crazy pig!
Anyway, G.P is the one that I have a question about. I
just found a
tumor on her left side(Thurs night)(thought and hoped
that it
was just a cyst or absess) but I just came back from
the vet(Sat) and
she had done a fine needle aspirate. The vet said that
it is
cancer. The type that will come back even with
surgery. So my question
you all is this, what should I do? Should I go ahead
with the surgery
or
just try to make her as comfortable as possible? My
heart says to go
ahead with it. The money part of it isn't bothering
me. It will cost
about $200 for the vet to remove both of them. Yes,
two. She has two
tumors. The vet said that they are probably mammary
tumors, seeings
that
she has two. The one on the left side is bigger than
the one on the
right side. They also seem to be growing quite
rapidly. Oh ya, G.P.
will
be 3½ on Dec 1.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks everyone.

Mom to the four great piggers!!
Tiffany

=====
EACH YEAR in the United States, MILLIONS of healthy companion animals are euthanized simply because they can not find homes.
Adopt a homeless pet.
Become a foster home.
Have your cats and dogs spayed and neutered.

Join the Guinea Pig Rescue Transport Group!