[Gpdd] Health: Re: Whiskers has a bump

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 17 17:37:53 EDT 2004

Hi Kelly

It sounds like Whiskers has a Sebaceous Cysts. They
are usually in the rump area. My, Tasha, has one and
they cut it out. It was a really big place and they
caterized it. It looked terrible. I wish I hadn't let
them do it because these cyst aren't harmful and a new
one comes up usually.
I didn't know all of this at the time I had this done
and the doctor didn't really give me an option. He
just took her and said it needed to come off.
Sure enough Tasha got two back in that ones place.
They were in the same area but different spots. It
would get a white top on it and bother her some. I
squeezed it out when it got big and put peroxide on
it. In a couple of months, it would get big again and
I'd do the same thing. The other cyst I only had to do
once and it didn't get big again.
If it bothers Whiskers a good bit, you can have it
taken off. Tasha would turn around and bite at it.
That is how I knew it was time to drain it again. You
can have a vet look at it to make sure that is what it
is next time you are there.

Dawnda

=====
http://embark.to/guineapighaven