[Gpdd] Re: Gpdd Digest, Health: Pig with Tumors

Donna Lenz dlenz at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 18 08:28:18 EDT 2004

Tiffany,

I'm so sorry your little G.P. has cancer.  My first piggy Scooter also had
cancer.  We discovered a big lump on his side.  We took him to the Exotic
Vet - and had the surgery - it was over $600.00.  He came home with a HUGE
scar with stitches, a little elizabethian collar.  Poor Scoot!  Sadly he
only lived another month.  He spent 2 days back at the vet - I was unable
to pick him up due to a blizzard - which made it worse.  He crossed the
Rainbow Bridge the next morning.

If given a chance to do this again - I probably would not do the surgery.
I would just make him as happy and as comfortable as possible.  I truly
think the surgery mad him more fragile.

Go with your instincts, and do what your heart tells you.

Seth,

I'm so sorry Gallant crossed the bridge.  It's so hard to lose a special
friend.

Donna