[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: GP has passed over to the rainbow bridge

Tiffany tdgenyk2 at mts.net
Fri Oct 22 23:24:38 EDT 2004

It is with a heavy heart and tears in my eyes that I have to let you
guys know that GP has gone to the bridge.
We took her in today(Friday) to have the surgery but we knew that it
wasn't going to happen. Thursday afternoon, she was unable to walk
properly. It was like she was wobbly and very uncoordinated. Not a happy
scene in our house. We had the vet look her over again and she said that
she had more lumps in her neck and that more than likely, it was
affecting her and that the surgery would not do any thing for her.
So.....we had to make the decision(which I knew we had to do). I have
told my kids that she is in a better place and that she is happy now.
Eating all the sweet grass and hay and treats that she can. By the way,
my boys are 12 and 13. They are having a really hard time with this. As
am I.
We found a good resting place for her in my mom and dad's yard. Under a
tree. I think that she will be happy there.
I would just like to thank the few who took the time and wrote to me
either privately or on the digest. You know who you are. Thank you very
much. Your thoughts and words of encourgement really helped.
GP was a different pig from the rest of them. She had a mind of her own.
If she didn't want you to touch her or pet her, she would let you know
by biting you. But you know, she never bit me. She would always do that
to the kids but not to me. She knew who fed her! She knew better! :-)
 Crazy pig! I sure am going to miss her. I haven't cried this much in
soo long, my eyes sure hurt. I feel like a part of me is missing. I know
that the other 3 are needing me, but it sure is hard to hold them when
all I feel like doing is crying. They kinda look at me with this look on
their faces like"what's the matter with you?"
I am just feeling bad for Little One especially, GP was her cage mate.
We did put GP down for Little One to sniff. It was sad. She just sat
there and looked at her and then looked at us and then just layed beside
her. This is something that they would never do when GP was still alive.
The kids and I just sat there and cried like babies.
Rod, could you put a rainbow bridge beside her name? She is 2257 on the
trail. Thanks alot!
Thanks for letting me ramble on about GP everyone.

The 3 sad squeekers(Little One, Snooko, and Cuddles)
and the unhappy slaves
Tiffany