[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] I'm writing an article!

DL1Bossfan at aol.com DL1Bossfan at aol.com
Sun Oct 24 11:29:58 EDT 2004

Hi fellow friends:
As you may have read (two wheeeks ago) I took all of my boys to church for
the "Blessing of the Animals"  (St. Frances Day).  They did very  well although
I did not keep them there very long. Because they were  very popular, (being
the only piggies there) amongst many dogs and  cats, I did not want them to
become stressed.  Anyway, I also (in  prayer)  remembered  our little friends
who have recently crossed the  bridge (George, Rose Bud, my Romeo, Latte, and
Hershey, and all of the  others).  I think the priest was overwhelmed!  At the
blessing, I met  an editor of a magazine called "Critter" that is distributed
locally.  When  I called her the other day to find out where I could pick up a
copy, she asked  me (almost begged) to write an article about piggies.  I have
never written  an article for a paper, and as most of you know (from
receiving posts and  e-mails from me) - I can get rather long winded! With that said,
I  wanted to ask a favor of all of you.  If you would like readers "out there"
 to know one thing about piggies and their care, what would it be?
Personally I think one of the things I would like people to know (and I plan to  put
this in the article) is that(contrary to popular belief) I do not  think they
are not great "first pets" for small children (without 200%  adult supervision
and participation).  This may help save some little  piggy out there as this
is supposed to be in the December issue (right in the  middle of gift giving
season).  Please either post or e-mail me with your  thoughts. Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated!  Piggy hugs to  all!
Donna and "The Boys" (Tom, Huck, Spike, and G.I.  Joe)