[Gpdd] MISC: Presidential Piggies

Dukejan1 at aol.com Dukejan1 at aol.com
Sun Oct 24 16:50:36 EDT 2004

Hello all.
Election Day is right around the corner, so I thought I'd share some U.S.
Presidential trivia.  Five guinea pigs actually lived in the White House (as
opposed to being in an outdoor hutch or at weekend/vacation home).  Their slave
was Teddy Roosevelt and his children named the GPs Admiral Dewey, Fighting Bob
Evans, Father O'Grady, Bishop Doane, and Dr. Johnson.  The story goes that one
of the President's children interrupted an Oval Office meeting to announce
that Bishop Doane had just had babies and more than once,  a piggie dropped in on
Mrs. Roosevelt's tea parties.  The Roosevelt piggies all were free-range, so
that's quite a lot of running room.  :-)

Janet, Slave to Isabel and Lily