[Gpdd] Re: Behavior: Piggies Fighting

Lyndsay Hunter lyndsayhunter1 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 28 14:31:58 EDT 2004

Leah--
Interesting thing happened when our pigs started fighting (I think some of it had to do with the size of the cage, but anyway...)
We had two piggies living together for a couple of months.  They became addictive and we got another pig (all girls). Well, the more senior pigs actually fought (pretty badly) over who got to pick on the new girl.  So we had the new girl in her own cage and tried to get them to get along for about a month, to no avail.  Then we decided that the new girl needed a cagemate (as she is kind of quiet and really likes to snuggle.)  When we got the fourth piggie, we tried letting all four of them play together.  No fighting, no picking on one another, no teeth chattering, just perfect harmony (aside from the occasional ear nipping.)  Weird!!  It's like there were so many pigs in there, the older two didn't care anymore.  We now have five and a really big cage.
Just thought I would share...good luck with getting your pigs to share a cage!

Lyndsay and the Super-Poopers