[Gpdd] MISCELLANEOUS - Sticky mouse traps

a.mills at portset.net a.mills at portset.net
Thu Oct 28 15:22:58 EDT 2004

Hello

Regarding freeing mice from sticky traps.  I remembered reading on the ratlist (pet rat mailing list) of a way of freeing mice from this type of trap.  I E-mailed the person who posted the information so that I could forward it to you.  Apparently, you can use vegetable oil to free the mouse.  Just work it well in around the areas where the animal is stuck.  This will break down the sticky stuff on the traps and allow you to free the mouse.  Another thing you could do is try and persuade the person not to use this type of trap but to use the cage type that catches the mouse in a small cage.  You can then free it well away from the area.  I'm sorry this is too late to help the poor mouse that you found but at least if you do find another one you will now be able to help to free it.