[Gpdd] [HEALTH] spading and neutering

Sandi Dattler sdattler at axcessystems.com
Fri Oct 29 11:16:15 EDT 2004

My husband and I rescued 2 male guinea pigs from a woman who could no longer care for them.  We already have 2 female guinea pigs.  We have the boys and girls in separate cages and give them separate floor time.  But when the boys get floor time, they smell the girls scent and start rumblestrutting and try to mount each other.

I was considering having the boys neutered so they can have floor time with the girls without worrying about unwanted pregnancy,  But I have concerns because I don't feel that this is a necessary surgery.

Please advise.

Sandi Korman
Axces Systems
ph 516 333 8585 x 14