[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: IMPORTANT! GPDD E-MAIL ADDRESS "SPOOFED"

GPDD Admin gpdd_admin at gpdd.org
Fri Oct 29 14:56:10 EDT 2004

Everyone -

DO NOT OPEN ANY E-MAIL FROM THE GPDD THAT CONTAINS AN ATTACHMENT. The
attachment is a virus. The GPDD E-mail address has been used by a malicious
spammer to try and spread a virus attachment.

If you suspect you may have gotten a virus from opening an e-mail
attachment (from *any* source):

You can check your system with any of the FREE online virus checkers:

Trend Micro (Admin note: these guys seem to be 1/2 day ahead of
Symantec/Norton):

Symantec/ Norton's Antivirus:
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?productid=symhome&langid=ie&v
enid=sym

Panda Antivirus:
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/activescan.asp?Language=2&Country=15
6&Partner=70&Ref=GB-PR-AS1-203

McAfee FreeScan Virus Scan:
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/activescan.asp?Language=2&Country=15
6&Partner=70&Ref=GB-PR-AS1-203

Afterwards, make sure you have a virus software, and the signature files
are up to date.

Remember: these days, you cannot trust attachments even if they appear to
come from someone you know. *Always* think twice before clicking!

We apologize for any problems that may be caused; even with all the
precautions we take (as in accepting text-only e-mails, not accepting files
or images for inclusion) there are still people that cause mischief for the
sheer sake of making someone else unhappy.