[Gpdd] [Health] <re: Mite infestation>

petunia_loo at yahoo.com petunia_loo at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 30 02:08:17 EDT 2004

Hi Rebecca,
It sounds like you are doing everything right for poor
Wilfy. Usually the injections of ivermectin are once a
week for three weeks. You should also treat Jimmy Pig
as well. While Peanut and Cookie were being treated
with ivermectin, my vet instructed me to clean their
cage every day for the first week of treatment. I'm
not sure how important that is - mange mites need a
host to live - but if you were using towels I suppose
it wouldn't be that costly to change them everyday.
Hope they get better.
~Lauren, Piglet and Pooh

=====
EACH YEAR in the United States, MILLIONS of healthy companion animals are euthanized simply because they can not find homes.
Adopt a homeless pet.
Become a foster home.
Have your cats and dogs spayed and neutered.

Join the Guinea Pig Rescue Transport Group!