[Gpdd] MISC: chirping

Dee and Joe deeclark at rcn.com
Sat Oct 30 19:50:58 EDT 2004

Hi all,

None of my boars (2) have chirped.  Tribbles was the first, and I heard her
do it a few weeks before she gave birth.  Two of her daughters chirped off
and on throughout their lives.  As far as I know her other two didn't.  They
didn't live with us.  None of my others, Annie (RIP), Juliet or Tacoma have
done it.  It is sure something to hear.  Sounds just like a bird chirping.

Lauren:  My sisters pig Patches had this paralysis happen suddenly.too.  She
gave her calcium and did pigsical therapy every day.  She moved Patches legs
and massaged them, also soaks in very warm water.  Patches recovered in a
few weeks.

Joe and I are adopting a 'special needs' piggie next weekend.  Her name is
Honey and is in a GP rescue in NJ near where my sister lives.  That will
bring our piggie family up to three.  Two sows for Tacoma to rumblestrut
over!

Dee