[Gpdd] Announcement: SUgar still lives!

Laurie-Jean Gombar lj at theurnstudio.com
Wed Sep 1 23:10:07 EDT 2004

Hi!
Just a quick note to let you all know that Sugar, the amazing pig, the
energizer pig... Still lives on.  She is definitely 7 now and counting.
SHe still lists her head to one side From that stroke a few months
back... And the lower eye goops up.  I took her to the vet and he gave
me some antibiotic ointment to put on it or in her eye.  It did not seem
to cure it completely.
Since I have become a breastfeeding mother, I have learned about the
most amazing things about breastmilk.  Yesterday I put a few drops in
her eye, dabbing it on with my finger... It was swollen a bit.. And
today it looks less swollen and goopy...  I will keep you all posted.
 But if any of you girls out there have the chance to
breastfeed/lactate... Go for it.  It is one of the most amazing things
you will ever be able to do besides give birth.  OF course... Wait till
you are older and have a husband (or to be pc "lifepartner).
SHe seems to be eating more too... And about 2 weeks ago I ordered and
received another bale of hay from Oxbow... She is chowing through it.
And I do mean chow with an "O".
Her fur is real thin and she barbered most of it off that she could
reach... Besides keeping the heat up... Anyone have luck with piggy
sweaters?
LJ