[Gpdd] [HEALTH] dirty piggie

Deborah Tanovich dtanovich at sprint.ca
Thu Sep 2 20:11:05 EDT 2004

Hello everyone and everypig!!!!

Condolences to all who have lost their dear little friends, I cry each time I read about some of our little furry friends struggles.

Welcome to all new piggies and their parents.

We went away for a few days and I didn't have anyone to look after Popcorn so I boarded him at his vet's.  They take great care of him when he's sick and for his usual visits but when I picked him up this morning I was upset.  Popcorn is a white and beige piggie with long hair over his bum.  When I picked him up today, his white hair is filthy, his bum is dirty, his feet and belly were dirty too.  I was so upset I cried, even though he was happy to see me.  When I get him home, Daddy and I tried washing him with baby shampoo but it really didn't seem to get the job done.  My pretty boy is a pretty big mess.

What can I do folks?  I really don't want to shave off his hair--who knows how long it will take to grow back and with cooler nights I don't want him getting sick.  If anyone has any remedies or solutions, please reply to my address directly with "Guinea Pig" in the subject line (I get a lot of spam and delete anything I don't recognize).  I have learned so much from the digest I hope somebody out there can help me.

Sorry to be so long winded but my little man looks so woebegone I can't help be rant a bit.

Thanks
Debbie and Popcorn
(remembering Fluffy Piggums at the Bridge)