[Gpdd] Health: Brownie Bear went to the Vet....

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 2 21:26:35 EDT 2004

Hello Slaves!
Yesterday (Wednesday), I packed the little
Bear up and off we went to the Vet. I took
the day off because since I drive to Northern
Virginia, it's an all day affair. So, anyways,
I pack up the Sassy thing and off we go for
her quarterly check-up. I take her to Dr.
Campbell every 3 months since her bladder
stone surgery and have x-rays done to check
for stones, a regular exam, and also a
urinalysis.

Well, I have some good news and some bad news.
The good news is--No STONES! And the doc said
that Brownie's bladder looked big and that's
the way she piggie's bladders should look.
Brownie urine looked clear too when she pee'd
on the examination table.

The bad news is that Brownie has a touch of
arthritis on her backbone (near her tail, if
g-pigs had a tail). The doc showed me on the
x-ray a small area where the bone was a little
'whiter' than the rest of her bones in her
body.

Well, the Bear doesn't appear to be in pain
from the arthritis all of the time, but I
have noticed her acting funny sometimes and
I'm thinking that that is the reason why.
So, I got some more Metacam for pain, and I
will give that to her as needed.

Today, I tried to find information on guinea
piggies with arthritis, but I was unsuccesful
in my research. So, if any Slave has any
experience on the subject matter, I would
appreciate any info you have. I don't think
it's something that is hurting her all of the
time, but I wanna keep an eye on the situation
and gather as much information as I can.

Well, Brownie Bear is sitting on my lap in her
little mini-bed (kitty bed), and I think she's
giving me the sign that it's time for us to
sit on the couch and cuddle. She's been so
Sweet to me lately, and she's still purring
up a storm. Maybe she decided to lose the
Attitude, and start showing her Mommy some
LOVE. And she's even purring for Daddy Slave.
I am counting down the days 'til we find her
a little Friend...

     Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeps,
        Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear :-)