[Gpdd] [HEALTH] <add your subject here>

siobhan forsyth sf011e3528 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Sep 3 10:02:14 EDT 2004

my guinea pig mcvitie a self red crested boar is 4 years old and had surgery to remove bladder stones 6 weeks ago to my dismay i noticed blood in his pee again and him crying so he had an x ray today and its another stone my friend phoned the cambridge cavy trust for advice and she spoke to the rodentologist vedra who said that the colours that are used in gerty guinea pig food can cause stones to form very quickly my vet is reluctant to perform more surgery to remove the stone but i have given him vedras no so he can speak to her about it i am so angry that the food i have trusted could of done this to my boy i am hoping that my vet will perform surgery and i have been recommended to use russel rabbit carrot and leek food which has no colours in it and that is being delivered tonight i am also getting diet sheets of the cct sent to me i hope my boy pulls through surgery which will be done n ext week i am so so worried   i will keep the digest posted