[Gpdd] (Behavior) Chewing

deea2z at adelphia.net deea2z at adelphia.net
Fri Sep 3 13:12:59 EDT 2004

Congratulations on your new "baby"!  They love to chew on anything!  Aside from pigger yummies, they really love wood.  Brodie is forever chomping on the wooden house.  Just make sure your new pigger has lots of things available to chew on.  In fact, you can buy little pieces of wood for him to chew on; most pet stores have them.  We make sure our guys have carrots to chew also.  If you give your pigger floor time, be certain to hide all your electrical cords, because they seem to think it's licorice.  The last thing you want is a shocked (or worse) pet!  You want to give your pigger something totally safe to gnaw on because that's how they keep their teeth filed down.  Without something to chew on, the teeth will grow and overlap, thus preventing the poor pigger from eating anything at all!

I hope this helped!

Wheeeeeks from The FuzzyButt Boyz

Diane