[Gpdd] [CARE] Rabbit Food

Shelly Atkinson satkinson at rkci.com
Fri Sep 3 16:44:00 EDT 2004

I have noticed on the last digest that someone was going to use rabbit
food instead of guinea pig food because the guinea pig food had coloring
that was bad for him. Just remember that rabbit food does not have
vitamin c that guinea pigs must have, cavies can not produce their own
vitamin c like some animals so guinea pig food is better unless you
provide lots of dark greens and timothy hay. There are many good brands
of guinea pig food, check out this site under care
http://cavymadness.com/ it has some brand names that are very good for
cavies. I use the Kay-tee brand called Forti-diet for pellets and than
timothy hay. Reba my cavy loves collard greens too.