[Gpdd] [CARE] Vet help

keldave keldave at comcast.net
Sun Sep 5 12:22:16 EDT 2004

Hi All -

First time posting here.  We became the proud owners of Mickey on July 5th.  He is doing wonderful and I definately have all of you to thank for that.  I have gotten some great tips and ideas for keeping Mickey happy.  He has adjusted well to the family.  He was supposed to be a pet for my two kids (a five and two year old) but of course he has become my special little friend.  He plays in the big floor time area with the boys during the day but at night after they go to bed he comes out and cuddles with me.

The question I have is about vets.  I can not find one in my area that knows about gp's.  I live in PA and the closest one i have found so far is in Philadelphia.  I would take him there if needed but I would really prefer not traveling into the city.  I saw a Banfield clinic today that is about five minutes from my house.  I remember at one time this was a discussion but I can not remember if this was something people recommended or stayed away from.  Luckily we do not need a vet right now but I would really like to find one for an emergency and also to be able to take Mickey for check ups.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kelly and of course, Mickey the ruler of the house!!