[Gpdd] HEALTH: Mites/Lice?

Missy Chodoro melissachodoro at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 7 18:37:39 EDT 2004

I feel like I am being a neurotic mom here. Whenever my Winks hangs out on his white blanket with me, I notice there are a lot of little black "things" on the blanket. Naturally I assume they are mites or something. But, when i sit there and stare at them, they don't move. Then i though mabe it was just little bits of  poop that had gotten stuck on his feet and then spread around on the blanket. Today he got his nails trimmed and then i saw he had some flakey dandruff on his coat. I know the classic symptoms of mites/lice are hair loss and scratching. He loses a little hair here and there (similar to when we humans brush our hair) and he occasionaly scratches. Nothing excessive or anything but some normal scratching. Could these little black things be some type of parasite? Eating, pooping and drinking as always.
Melissa & Winks