[Gpdd] [BEHAVIOR] floor time

Becky E. Young beyoung at ptd.net
Wed Sep 8 13:17:53 EDT 2004

Hi all.  With the addition of more wooden chewies West has stopped chewing his litter box. (He'll hopefully be getting a new and even bigger cage in another month or so)  I want to be able to let him out for floor time but he isn't catching on to the litter box idea.  Several sources that I've read say to put a few of his "beans" in the box and he'll learn that way.  Well, he uses it sometimes but most of the time it's everywhere.  I rent my apartment and can't have him leaving presents everywhere he visits.  Occasionally it will happen I know but even when I put him in his play pen it's everywhere. Any advice you have on this would be greatly appericiated.