[Gpdd] HEALTH: How can I tell if my guinea pig is pregnant?

Robert redmountainfarm at juno.com
Wed Sep 8 23:31:47 EDT 2004

My female piggy is very round or pregnant. How can I tell the difference? I got her from a feed store. Lately I have noticed she is getting very big around the middlle. I keep my males separate and they are torpedo shaped. She is very round. I do feed her lots of fresh vegetables and hay, along with pellets, but my other piggies (I have 6 in total), are not round in the middle like that. My husband says she is just getting too fat, but I don't know how to tell.