[Gpdd] [CARE] GP's & Rabbits

Shelly Atkinson satkinson at rkci.com
Thu Sep 9 15:25:22 EDT 2004

This is for Chris asking for opinions on guinea pigs and rabbits playing
together outside their enclosures. I am glad you know it is not
recommended to house them together, as far as play time I still worry
about the strong back legs of rabbits. Rabbits can kick hard enough to
scratch people pretty good and a cavy is so much smaller than human arms
and they can kick at anytime. They may be fine playing together but I am
just warning you that there is a possibility of your cavy getting hurt
from a kick or an excited rabbit trying to mount your cavy to show
dominance. If you want to try, I would definitely not leave them
unintended.