[Gpdd] [HEALTH] pet lice

Chas' Email cacosta at brightdsl.net
Fri Sep 10 09:34:50 EDT 2004

I bought my piggie in July and thought maybe he had a case of dandruff and just kinda kept an eye on it. Well, recently I noticed that the dandruff is moving under it's own power and seems to have spread to every part of his little piggy body. I was relieved to hear that the lice don't like to live on humans since my kids had it 3 times last summer (thanks to my sister and her summer camp experience). But just wanted to warn everyone of this condition when you buy pigs from commercial pet stores. I alerted them to the problem but that doesn't mean they will do anything about it. Eddy has an appointment with the vet next week and hopefully will be feeling much better after some treatment.
Warm wheeks,
Chasity and Eddy