[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] Greetings from Porky, Petunia, and Corkster

judith sharamitaro shim1990 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 10 21:57:37 EDT 2004

Hi everyone!  The girls get a little upset with me, because I don't post very often!  I've promised that I'll try and get my act in gear, and would make sure you all heard from them more often!
First, the girls are delighted to hear that Brownie Bear is getting a friend!  She is, of course, the standard to which my girls aspire ...she has Leah Slave trained to perfection!!! The girls are squeeling with anticipation over Brownie Bear's new friend, and are hounding me to make sure I get all the details, so, Leah, keep us posted.
The girls also wanted me to tell you they have a fabulous new condo, put together after long hours reading and re reading other slave's posts about their set ups. At first the girls were in a snit when I pointed out that, with a dog and two cats, free range was impossible.  ("Ooooh, lucky Brownie Bear!!" They whined.)  They felt a bit better when they watched mom and dad sweat and fuss over their new place.  Porky, of course, dreads movement of any kind, so doesn't actually use the extra square footage.  She just feels she deserves the grander home, which befits her status as Empress!
To those of you fretting about the mistakes you may or may not have made ~  We humans all make mistakes.  What's important is that you took the time to find out what you did incorrectly, and made sure you didn't repeat the same mistakes.  So many so-called animal lovers not only are ignorant about caring for their friends, but they also choose to remain ignorant.  Bravo to all who try to make life the best they possibly can for their animal friends!  The mistakes you make on the journey are dwarfed by the love the animal feels from you!
Finally, the girls wanted to say a few words about an extraordinary duo ~ George the Guinea Pig and his dad Joseph Petrillo.  Last December, when my little Corky died, nothing made me prouder than the beautiful words Joseph wrote for her.  Where a lot of the world would say "Oh, it was just a guinea pig", Joseph acknowledged Corky's death in a way that gave her the dignity she, and all living creatures, deserve.  By celebrating her, he told the world that she mattered.  Joseph has done that for so many of us!  Now with his little guy going through a tough time,  Porky, Petunia, and Corkster want to send out our love, kind thoughts, and best wishes to a remarkable little life force who has touched our hearts and will occupy a place in them always.  All the best to Our Boy!  We love you!!!
            Judi, Porky, Petunia, & Corkster...Remembering always Corky and Gaylord