[Gpdd] [CARE] Bedding

DL1Bossfan at aol.com DL1Bossfan at aol.com
Sat Sep 11 13:51:33 EDT 2004

Hi Friends!
My heart does out to each of you who have sick piggies and/or have recently
lost a piggy.  Also, we send our very best piggy hugs to them as well as anyone
who has recently aquired  a new piggy!  I will get to my question in a
minute, but I first want to update everyone on Tom and Huck (2 of the MD rescue
piggies).  They are doing fantastic!  They look great, and are eating more (and
more and more and more - just kidding!) each day.  Their appetites have
increased though, and I have now added an occasional carrot to their menu.  They seem
really happy - and although they still have not been put together with Spike
and G.I. Joe, they are aware that they are in the area and vice versa.  Now for
my question, and if this had been discussed please forgive me as I have
missed it before.  Have any of you had experience (either good or bad) with corn
cob bedding?  Currently my 4 piggies are on 3 different types of bedding, and  I
am looking for the most safe & economical way to go.  The owner of the local
feed store told me today that corn cob bedding is what he uses (and sure
enough - he was right), but I did not know how safe it was.  A 40 lb. bag is $18.95
at his store.  Any feedback on this would be helpful, and as always I value
the information that I have received from this site!
Donna, Spike, G.I. Joe, Tom and Huck